Saturday, June 9, 2012

O my Papa







We were very privileged to have Papa Mike and his lovely family spend one night with us on the last day of their WA vacation. He very generously bought all 14 of us a delectable Korean dinner at Phill Bean and all the Mekong riders came along with their spouses.



I insisted that we did an early morning ride around the Canning River and at 725am, Ken C appeared at my doorstep to join us. It was a rare almost perfect winter's morning with a most comfortable 15c with cool breezes and brilliant early morning sunrise. Papa was blown away by the beauty of the scenery and enjoyed riding the wonderful bike paths.


However, what impressed him most were the multi-million dollar houses with spectacular river views. With boats towing water-skiers and row boats aplenty, the lifestyle in WA is indeed very enviable. The poison took effect and he seemed very interested to perhaps move over here one day. I had nothing to do with this!


After a lovely coffee, I had to rush back home as I promised Nick to take him for his motorcycle riding test. Taking Ken C's Prodeco E-Bike, I was through my door in 15 mins flat. Riding an E-Bike as a form of transportation is very hard to beat with a good measure of fun thrown in.


Papa came back all hot and sweaty ready to tuck into a hearty breakfast of pancakes, sausages and eggs. I was thrilled to ride with Papa, even if it was just for a short while. His visit strengthen the already strong friendship we enjoyed. O my Papa!

No comments: