Thursday, October 6, 2011

Lighting up my life




Steve Jobs, Founder and CEO of the famous Apple Computer Company died 2 days ago and left his mark in the lives of the millions of satisfied Apple users. iPhone, iMac, iBook, iTouch, iPad etc and I count myself as having benefited by his passion and products.


It reminds me that a life well-lived is one that adds to the life of others. It doesn't matter if its done in big or small ways. In this regard, I received a precious gift from a dear friend TW for a special occasion.

This antique bicycle-dynamo lamp has been with him for 20 years and TW modified it skillfully to become an LED modern bike lamp, housed in its classic form. I am so thrilled and honoured to have this ingenious and super-thoughtful gift. It even comes in its original box with instruction manual plus the dynamo too! The "TW Lamp" will be carefully brought to Perth and will add to the classic look of my nearly 20 year old Bridgestone XO5 bicycle.

Thanks TW for adding and lighting up my life!

God planned for us to do good things and to live as he has always wanted us to live. That's why he sent Christ to make us what we are. Ephesians 2:10

1 comment:

Taiwoon said...

Isn't it amazing the love of cycling, blogging made us friends? Thank you Bro Al for all the kindness and life lessons. Looking forward to our next ride!