Friday, August 27, 2010

Its broken...


My wife flew in last night from Singapore and had a lookie at what I thought was my sprained middle finger from the crash. Seeing many sports injuries as a Physio for the national soccer and netball team many moons ago, she immediately shook her head and said my finger is probably fractured after a thorough examination. I was in denial at first but it was indeed crooked and not straight and nice like the other fingers.

So I'm resigned to be one handed for at least 3 weeks but I still can ride. At least with one good hand, I think! Ouch...

10 comments:

ChrisW said...

Get well soon Al. What a symbolic photo. I'm thinking. not so much about the dressing, but the person who came with the wedding band that did the dressing that made the episode less painful ?

Oldyonfoldy said...

Indeed, we are BOTH so blessed in that regard :)

Nat said...

ouch indeed. Hope it heals soon...

Taiwoon said...

oh.. that must hurt!! Hey rest well and hope to see u riding soon!

Mike said...

Hi Al,

I hope the fracture is healing ok. It's a shock to hear that it's more than a sprain.At times like these, it makes us take stock of 2 things - our "fragile" physical being & the significant other 1/2's who make a diff to our lives . Blessings!

Vik said...

I hope you heal fast!..*hugs*

BFT said...

LTF

My wife Alice mentioned that you were planning a ride in Laos soon. There is some interest I have previously completed long rides in Java/Bali, Malaysia/Thailand, Italy and Australia. I have often thought of exploring Laos.

Tony

Oldyonfoldy said...

Hi Tony,

We are planning to ride the Bolaven Plateau in Southern Lau, Dec 28 to Jan 4 via a flight from Siem Reap Cambodia.

Send me an email for more info. lovethefold at gmail dot com

Still in planning stage though... Thks for your interest and glad to chat with like-minded tourers like you.

Al

mat touring said...

Bro, Don't worry too much about the injury. It's just a souvenir from cycling. Wear the bandage with pride ok. It's so macho! haha. Take care mate.

Oldyonfoldy said...

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. The finger is healing well but a bit crooked :( But other than that, it feels almost there.

The macho bit makes this all worth it!

Ride safe ya?