Saturday, April 24, 2010

My New Shoes




Unlike many cyclists who extol the virtues of being clipped in while cycling, I prefer a more free-style approach. Good shoes on good platform pedals, with a toe clip if I'm touring.

It was time for a new pair of shoes and I've always liked Asics. Being Japanese, they are extremely high quality, offers great support and somehow fits my feet comfortably.

I got a pair of Asics Gel-Venture recently and tested it today on my usual ride around the Canning River on my sporty Speed Pro with two friends on foldies.


Style and colour wise, it was tops but more importantly, I felt very well supported and protected with the Gel-Venture. Its sole is rather rigid which is necessary to transfer the power properly onto the pedal and yet, soft enough to make for supple walking.

I love my new shoes!


ps: My socks with a motif of rabbits mating, were chosen for me by a very cheeky friend!

No comments: